[Oslc-pm] OSLC-PM and Web Applicaitions

Boris Kuschel kuschel at ca.ibm.com
Tue Dec 11 13:26:55 EST 2012

I am currently using the EMS, CRTV and PERFMON specs but I have identified
the following caps especially around the web application area.

*= new

RequestMetrics
-> AvgResponseTime*
-> MaxResponseTime*
-> MinResponseTime*
-> StandardDeviation*
-> AvgPayloadSize*
-> MaxPayloadSize*
-> MinPayloadSize*
-> AvgRequestFailures
-> Hits*
-> CpuUsed

RequestFailures
-> AvgResponseTime*
-> MaxResponseTime*
-> MinResponseTime*
-> StandardDeviation*
-> Hits*
-> CpuUsed

There is a need for a light weight service (J2EE, OSGi). I have seen the
CRTV ServiceInstance predicate but the documentation seems to indicate that
this a customer related servicing offering.

ServiceMetrics*
 ->AvgResponseTime*
-> MaxResponseTime*
-> MinResponseTime*
-> StandardDeviation*
-> AvgRequestFailures*
-> Hits*
-> CpuUsed
-> parent (count be request or service, crtv?)*

SQLStatementMetrics*
-> AvgResponseTime*
-> MaxResponseTime*
-> MinResponseTime*
-> StandardDeviation*
-> parent (count be request or service, crtv?)*

Is it small enough? I have other data that deals more with performance of
active instances of services and requests as well but including the above
would be a great first step.

Boris Kuschel
Software Architect
Smarter Server - IBM Software, Rational