[oslc-plm] Moving from Mailing Lists to Discourse

Brian King brian.king at koneksys.com
Fri Sep 29 10:41:01 EDT 2017

Dear OSLC PLM/ALM List Members,

The OSLC Community is evolving. In the coming weeks we are launching a new website. You can see how it is progressing, and contribute, here:
https://github.com/OSLC/oslc-site-hugo

Further to that, we are making changes to how we communicate. We are shutting down all Mailman mailing lists, and replacing them with one instance of Discourse. Further details about that will come in a follow-up email before the shut-down.

Discourse is a feature-rich open source Web forum platform. It also has mailing list type features, as you can read and send posts via email. While we will be encouraging most groups/categories to be open, there are also privacy features where you limit categories to just certain users.

More details on Discourse:
https://www.discourse.org/features

Note we will not be migrating you, the mailing list subscriber, over to Discourse. You will have to have to create a new account there, which is a quick process.

We hope you will join us in the transition, and help propel the OSLC community forward to meet the continued challenges of data integration on the Web. If you have any questions, please just reply here or reach out to me directly.

Brian