[oslc-plm] Fw: [oslc-core] Updated Core extension proposal for versioning

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 14 17:48:22 EST 2011

PLM WG,

I have some basic feedback on the proposal.

Definitions:
There appears to be some terminology that is being introduced and would
recommend making a clear section for that.  Namely for "base resource" and
"version resource".

How versions are created:
It would be good to have a sample on this can be done.  Maybe this is in
the background material but I don't understand completely.  In some models
I would expect that an end user would not request versions to be created.
Instead they'd just PUT/update the resource and the server would insert
dcterms:isVerisonOf and dcterms:replaces into appropriate resource's
graph.  If there is a way that versions are explicitly created, it would
be good to show that example.  In fact, perhaps there is a need to provide
a writeup in this proposal that addresses both.

Relationship to SCM spec:
There should at least be some appendix that describes this.

Organization of the proposal:
Perhaps the material would be more accessible to the general community if
it only resided on the wiki (not PPT and other attachments).  I found it a
bit challenging to navigate the various pages and files to get a picture
of what was being proposed.

Let me know how I can help out