[oslc-core] [oslc-cm] Issue on redundant inverse predicates

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 3 14:55:19 EDT 2013

Per resolution to mark these terms deprecated, I went ahead and created
new section to hold all deprecated terms [1] and marked them as such in
the vocabulary document [2].  I even overachieved and closed an older
issue that was marked deferred around deprecating dcterms:type usage [3].

[1] -
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2#Deprecated_terms
[2] - http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmVocabulary
[3] - http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecV2Issues

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Oslc-Cm" <oslc-cm-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on 07/16/2013 09:15:38
AM:

> From: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> To: oslc-cm at open-services.net
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 07/16/2013 09:19 AM
> Subject: [oslc-cm] Issue on redundant inverse predicates
> Sent by: "Oslc-Cm" <oslc-cm-bounces at open-services.net>
>
> Of the life of the CM WG and various other OSLC domain WGs we've been in

> discussion on ways to best handle links, for example modeling them from
an
> outbound perspective of the current resource.
> Time and experience has shown that this introduces statements which are
> redundant, such as
> (ChangeRequest1, oslc_cm:implementsRequirement, Requirement1)
> which is exactly the same as saying:
> (Requirement1, oslc_rm:implementedBy, ChangeRequest1).
>
> This causes various problems around data duplication and ease of writing

> queries.  This motivation and best practices has been captured in Core
WG