[oslc-core] +1 for new property oslc:shortId, OR revised recommendation on use of rdfs:label

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Tue May 21 14:23:48 EDT 2013

John,

I agree that it's preferable to reuse existing terms, however in this case
we see inconsistent use of several terms. If we introduce oslc:shortId and
give clear guidance on its use, then we'll have a smoother evolution of
the data. Apps can continue to use the existing terms in the inconsistent
way they are being used, so there will be no breakage. Apps can add new
triples using oslc:shortId to support new queries.

Arthur Ryman

DE, Chief Architect, Reporting &
Portfolio and Strategy Management
IBM Software, Rational

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)