[oslc-core] Tracked Resource Set: trs:change vs trs:changes

Vivek Garg vivekgg at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 26 17:57:02 EDT 2013

Tracked Resource Set specification 2.0 [1] defines the trs:changes
property, a multi-valued property, to specify a list of change events. An
example from the spec is as follows:

<http://cm1.example.com/trackedResourceSet>
  a trs:TrackedResourceSet ;
  trs:base <http://cm1.example.com/baseResources> ;
  trs:changeLog [
    a trs:ChangeLog ;
    trs:changes <#3>, <#2>, <#1>.
  ] .

If the abbreviated form of trs:changes was expanded, it would look as
follows:

<http://cm1.example.com/trackedResourceSet>
  a trs:TrackedResourceSet ;
  trs:base <http://cm1.example.com/baseResources> ;
  trs:changeLog [
    a trs:ChangeLog ;
    trs:changes <#3>;
    trs:changes <#2>;
    trs:changes <#1>.
  ] .

Since each property is an entry for a single change, my suggestion is that
we use trs:change as the property name instead of the plural form. This
suggestion was originally made by Joe Ross in Lifecycle Query WG call. I
am re-surfacing it for consideration by the Core WG.

[1] http://open-services.net/wiki/core/TrackedResourceSet-2.0/#Change-Log

Regards
Vivek