[oslc-core] [Lifecycle-query-workgroup] TRS 2.0 Specification - Rollback Behavior

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Jun 21 11:54:33 EDT 2013

Vivek,

It is not acceptable to simply re-index or remove a data source just
because of some bad data that LQE interprets as a rollback. This can take
days. It's simply not an option if we expect LQE to be used in production
on very large data sets. The current behavior is too unstable. A human
admin must be shown the alleged bad events and be allowed to make an
informed decision, which must include the option to proceed by setting a
new cutoff event. LQE should help by presenting the alleged rollback
condition in context as clearly as possible.

The human admin may be able to correct the problem at the data source. For
example, he may be able to create some new change events so that any
skipped resources get re-indexed.

Arthur Ryman

DE, Chief Architect, Reporting &
Portfolio and Strategy Management
IBM Software, Rational

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)