[oslc-core] Proposal for Core issue 17: Handling of long URIs

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 10 15:18:48 EDT 2013

I think for the moment I will let this mold a bit.  We are having
notionally similar discussions in the W3C Linked Data Platform working
group which has a wider audience, and I want to see what new info that
draws out.  We can re-visit the week of June 26 after the next W3C F2F
where many of these issues should be discussed.

wrt 1: 415 response would be the most direct; completely open to mentioning
that in the draft; always a fine line between repeating what readers (in
theory) already know being pedantic vs useful.

wrt 2: I think LDP containers will have the same needs.  I did
intentionally make it a MUST to gauge the WG, since most people treat
SHOULD like MAY anyhow and few people object to weakening normative text
later.