[oslc-core] Suggested improvements to new "Link Guidance"

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Sat Jun 1 11:45:38 EDT 2013

Additional suggest for this guidance:
In 5. it states
"When defining a new vocabulary with link types, there should be exactly
one predicate for each link type concept. That is, there should not be
defined two different link predicates representing the same thing, with
just the subject and object reversed (e.g. validates / validatedBy )."

This doesn't cover the case where both end of the link now store the link,
we just have 1 predicate to represent the redundant statement.  We should
include a subbullet to that guidance that reads: "There should be only a
single authority for the link relationship to prevent data skew.  (see
above)  If needed, additional tools/servers/DBs may cache this statement."

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Oslc-Core" <oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on 06/01/2013
11:41:01 AM: