[oslc-core] new property oslc:shortId

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 15 17:06:49 EDT 2013

Hi Stefan,

The motivation behind the addition of this was discussed on this mailing
list [1] and various conference calls.  The approach we have is to reuse
as much as possible [3] but there are sometimes cases where we need
something for our needs, which the WG decided was needed.  Thanks for the
feedback.

[1] -
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2013-February/001573.html
[2] - http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Meeting20130522/#Minutes
[3] -
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2013-February/001581.html

Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Greis, Stefan" <Stefan.Greis at haw-hamburg.de> wrote on 07/09/2013 02:36:54
PM:

> From: "Greis, Stefan" <Stefan.Greis at haw-hamburg.de>
> To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: "oslc-core at open-services.net" <oslc-core at open-services.net>
> Date: 07/09/2013 02:40 PM
> Subject: AW: [oslc-core] new property oslc:shortId
>
> Hello,
>
> so the OSLC resource would include the "identifier", the "shortID" and
the"
> label" which is actually a "longID" or is the "shortID" a "shortLabel"?
I do
> think the naming should be different unless it is actually a real ID.
But
> creating an additional property that is a description, label and ID in
one
> seems to be a composition of already existing properties. Therefore I do
not
> see the added value of this. Can someone maybe explain this to me as I
just
> can't grasp the concept.
>
> cheers,
> Stefan Greis
Steve K

http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2013-May/001649.html

> > Is anyone working on drafting this?  I have an implementation that
wants
> > use it, so absent any WIP I will likely pick it up.
> >
> > From http://open-services.net/wiki/core/OSLC-Core-V2-Issues/  and
> http://
> > open-services.net/wiki/core/Meeting20130522
> >
> > Resolved Accepted proposal Meeting20130522 - Steve Speicher 2013-05-22
> > Proposal: add oslc:shortId
> > Resolution: consensus to accept, inserted into Core vocab
> > ACTION: Draft description and details to insert into vocab and
Appendix