[oslc-core] Minutes for 13 Feb OSLC Core workgroup meeting

Nils Kronqvist nils.kronqvist at find-out.se
Thu Feb 14 10:06:16 EST 2013

Hi,

A question around Links ..

Links are uni-directional, but often come in pairs, e.g. oslc_cm:tracksRequirement and oslc_rm:trackedBy. And I assume a not too uncommon case is where you don't have write access in "the other" resource when setting up a link -- i.e. failing to create the "back link".   If for example creating a link from RTC to another e.g. CM provider where RTC fails to create back link, RTC will provide warning dialog and allow to back out or proceed.

As far as I can see there is no guidance in the specs around expected behavior here. Needed? Is the "OSLC connected system" inconsistent when not all back links are in place .. or .. as the http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Find-all-links/ suggest, to find all links you need to ask all service providers ..

Rgs,

/N

Nils Kronqvist
nils.kronqvist at find-out.se