[oslc-core] Should we transition new specs to use dateTimeStamp instead of dateTime

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 24 16:00:37 EDT 2012

This might be handy, the RDF WG published "Review of XSD Datatypes 1.1
Changes from an RDF perspective" [1]

It says:
"6. We should include the following types, new in XSD 1.1, to the list of
RDF-compatible XSD types:
   - xsd:dateTimeStamp, derived from xsd:dateTime by requiring a timezone
offset."

Though I am in agreement with Arthur on the SPARQL QUERY implications.  It
does sound like we are a bit ahead of the curve in adopting XSD 1.1
datatypes, I'd recommend we publish best practices as Arthur mentions
until W3C RDF and SPARQL WGs publish their guidance.

[1] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Feb/0039.html

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net