[oslc-core] Should we transition new specs to use dateTimeStamp instead of dateTime

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Sat Sep 22 17:59:46 EDT 2012

John,

I prefer making inclusion of TZ a Best Practice, AND providing clear
guidance on how to behave if it's missing. This seems less likely to break
existing implementations.

If we change the datatype it could result in breakage, e.g. in SPARQL
queries. We'd also have to describe how implementations should behave when
interacting with back level implementations, i.e. when they see
xsd:dateTime, and the semantics of missing TZ.

Arthur Ryman

DE, Chief Architect, Reporting &
Portfolio Strategy and Management
IBM Software, Rational

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)