[oslc-core] Should we transition new specs to use dateTimeStamp instead of dateTime

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 17 14:06:39 EDT 2012

> Rather than change the datatype, can't we simply require the use of TZ
or
> at least make it a best practice?

Could you?  Sure.  Should you? Distinct question.

If you require it, not seeing why you would prefer to specify that
incrementally (dateTime + requirement for time zone facet) rather than
re-using the Schema-defined name that supplies the same semantic.

If you don't require it (which is how I read Best Practice, perhaps not
your intent) for *new* vocabulary, why are we willing to perpetuate a
somewhat subtle bug in implementations?  Which scenarios does that
help/enable?

In short: why *notP [use the new datatype for NEW vocabulary]?