[oslc-core] Unrecognized content

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 17 13:49:42 EDT 2012

Might use the existing HTTP Warn header for this kind of thing.  While the
primary current use is for cache "awareness", other uses are permitted.
Extension codes allowed.
HTTPbis is defining a registry for warn codes, but it is not visible at
the IANA site yet.

To be clear: any proposal using this would have to make it clear (for
compatibility reasons) that clients must be PESSimistic about it.  If an
update request returns an "Unrecognized content ignored" Warn header, then
the client would have positive confirmation of the server's behavior; if
not, the client is responsible for figuring it out (as is the case today).

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-14.46
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-20#section-7.6