[oslc-core] Unrecognized content

Joe Ross joeross at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 7 13:14:19 EDT 2012

For what it's worth, we have a similar problem in our service provider, and
we accept properties with URL values that we don't know about. However, we
don't construct the relationships in our internal model until we have the
target resource. So, someone can create the resources in either order.

Joe Ross/Austin/IBM, joeross at us.ibm.com
Tivoli Autonomic Computing & Component Technologies
512-286-8311, T/L 363-8311

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 08:55:16 -0400
> From: James Conallen <jconallen at us.ibm.com>
> To: Oslc-Core at open-services.net
> Cc: Adam Neal <Adam_Neal at ca.ibm.com>
> Subject: [oslc-core] Unrecognized content
>

> In the current specification we have the statement:
>
>    For OSLC Defined Resources, clients SHOULD assume that an OSLC Service
>    will discard unknown property values. An OSLC Service MAY discard
>    property values that are not part of the resource definition or
Resource