[oslc-core] Clarification of the requiredness of a property in a ResourceShape

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 14 09:51:45 EST 2012

+1 to Samit's suggestion or something like it.  I was going to propose
something similar, put it in terms of the occurs value.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

<nils.kronqvist at find-out.se>
> Date: 11/14/2012 09:35 AM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Clarification of the requiredness of a property
in
> a ResourceShape
> Sent by: "Oslc-Core" <oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net>
>
> I am glad that we're clarifying this.  I often get asked how RecordShape
can
> help to figure out whether a property is required or not.
>
> My two cents:
>
> Why not explicitly state which values mean that the property is
REQUIRED,
> and which values indicate that the property is OPTIONAL.
>
> SUGGESTED DESCRIPTION:
> MUST be either http://open-services.net/ns/core#Exactly-one (property is
REQUIRED),