[oslc-core] [Oslc-Automation] Request for review of OSLC Automation specification

Pramod K Chandoria pchandor at in.ibm.com
Sun May 27 11:26:47 EDT 2012

I have few comments as mentioned below.

Automation plan: Can we just call it Automation. Do we gain any meaning
with plan.

Automation plan: We don't have oslc_auto:automationType attribute. Without
this we can't distinguish whether Automation is for build, test,
deployment, cloud etc.. I think this needs to be typed.

Automaton Request: oslc_auto:state - Probably it's value can be defined by
specification, rather loosely relying on the provider. This will allows
clients to write more predictable code rather writing specific code to
each provider. I think verdict domain can be different for different
provider but state of the Automation Request can be guided by
specification across all providers.

AutomationResult: oslc_auto:verdict is used for end result's verdict,
oslc_auto:state - I am not sure why this property is mandatory when
verdict is already available. In RQM there is only one field for verdict,
there is no other state for result. I am thinking this should not be
one-many but zero-many property.

-|- Pramod K Chandoria

Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Rational, India Software Lab

Bangalore, India | +91-80-417-77045 | +91 99805 68253
What's new in 4.0 RC0 | Ask Question in forum | Online Help | Download RQM
4.0 RC0