[oslc-core] Request for May 30 agenda

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed May 30 10:14:25 EDT 2012

This shows us a couple of important points:
1) The name matters (perhaps we've been too vague in the past).  Are there
any better suggestions?
   System Event Management

2) Perhaps a bit more detail would be useful.
   For example, is there expectations that EM would be expand at some
point to handle more generic kind of events

> From: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> To: oslc-core at open-services.net,
> Date: 05/29/2012 05:50 PM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Request for May 30 agenda
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>
> No.  The idea of this proposal is an event is (roughly) "information
about
> something that has happened [past tense]".  So aside from at least one
> timestamp (date of occurrence), no overlap.
>
> Always funny to see different (but entirely reasonable) interpretations
for
> similar words based on where one "grew up" or vacationed lately.
> Best Regards, John
>
> Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
> Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario
>

> [image removed] Nick Crossley---05/29/2012 03:12:10 PM---John, On the
event
> management domain - do you see any overlap here with calendars,
planning, and sch

> From: Nick Crossley/Irvine/IBM
> To: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 05/29/2012 03:12 PM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Request for May 30 agenda
>

> John,
>
> On the event management domain - do you see any overlap here with
calendars,
> planning, and scheduling?
>
> Nick.
>

> [image removed] John Arwe---05/29/2012 11:43:22 AM---I would like to
request
> Core approval to start up two new working groups  to produce domain
specific

> From: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> To: oslc-core at open-services.net,
> Date: 05/29/2012 11:43 AM
> Subject: [oslc-core] Request for May 30 agenda
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>

> I would like to request Core approval to start up two new working groups
> produce domain specifications in the following areas.  In both cases,
> parties (currently non-members) have indicated offline that they would
be
> interested in working on these issues in the context of the OSLC
community.

> [1] Resource Reconciliation WG
>
> Does a monitoring record about a computer system and an asset record
about a
> computer system, taken together, describe one or two computer systems?
This
> is a central issue when the resources described are not themselves
> electronic documents, be they computer systems, software applications,
HTTP