[oslc-core] Fw: what is the actual intent of resource definition table columns?

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Tue May 15 14:21:48 EDT 2012

Steve,

Thx for the clarification.

 Arthur Ryman

 DE, Chief Architect, Reporting &

 Portfolio Strategy and Management

 IBM Software, Rational

 Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) |
 +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |oslc-core at open-services.net                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |05/15/2012 02:12 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [oslc-core] Fw: what is the actual intent of resource	definition	table	columns?                                                            |

I don't think we are far off from saying the same things.  I tried to
elaborate a bit below....

> From: Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
> To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS,
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 04/20/2012 02:31 PM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Fw: what is the actual intent of resource
> definition table columns?
>
> Steve,
>
> My reply is [1]. I think I disagree with you.
>
> For Example 2, the occurence constraint is one or many. Therefore zero is
NOT allowed.

I agree. I just misread it as zero-or-more

> For Example 3, Either means that both representations are valid, i.e. the

> resource is "inlined" or just references via URI. Both client and server
> must be able to handle both representations.

Ok, we are arguing over MUST or MAY on this one.  So I agree that when a
server advertises its support via the resource shape then it MUST support
this.  I was taking the original "informative" approach to tables within
the specification, which I do not think we can treat as a MUST.

> [1] http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2012-
> April/001299.html
>
> Regards,

> Arthur Ryman