[oslc-core] Proposal for Issue-25: Encoding of UI preview label

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 27 13:59:46 EDT 2012

The revised text is cut off on the right (description) in the PDF.

From what I can see in the draft:

dcterms:title as string instead of XML literal seems consistent with its
Dublin Core definition [1] which says range=rdf:Literal

Provider’s should not be possessive (lose the apostrophe).

Not clear why we're saying that it MUST be HTML-escaped ... that would
imply that the string is in fact always (X)HTML.  Certainly true that its
value would have to be XML-escaped as part of serializing it into a
well-formed XML document (I'm not sure of the relationship between
HTML-escaping and XML-escaping to the required level of precision, is one
a proper subset of the other?).

oslc:shortTitle as string instead of XML literal seems consistent with
dcterms:title, which seems to be important given its description [2].

Both value type changes might be seen as incompatible by some observers.
Do we have reason to think that this change is either compatible upon
closer inspection, or it's worth the pain (potential breakage) in existing
implementations?  Just asking in the hopes that analysis has been done...
I know from personal experience that sometimes the obvious turns out to be
false upon deeper thinking.

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-title
[2] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreVocabulary#shortTitle