[oslc-core] Rethinking link labels without reified statements

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 27 13:39:57 EDT 2012

Who is responsible for working with the W3C RDF WG to produce an RDF.next
with some in-scope way to accomplish the goal?

Put another way, if that WG removes reification from the next version of
RDF, and no alternative in .next works, it sounds like our choices are to
(1) remove link labels and other cases currently using reification from
future specifications/iterations of existing specs (presumably becomes
implementation extension),
(2) take a risk in every implementation to continue using reification as
today, or
(3) invent-new within OSLC

...and potentially in parallel with any of those 3, engage with the W3C
RDF WG to fill the gap with something concrete.

Is this something that we should be asking for help from the Steering
Committee on, if the W3C WG does not put something into RDF.next at Last
Call?  Presumably if the community as a whole (proxied via the SC) were to
ask the W3C for help, that would carry more weight than individual members
doing so.