[oslc-core] Proposed charter for OSLC Configuration Management workgroup

Nick Crossley ncrossley at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 18 10:13:21 EDT 2012

The proposed charter for the OSLC Configuration Management workgroup has
been updated after feedback from both the Core and SCM workgroups, plus
some other interested parties: the updated text may be found at
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/ConfigurationManagement.

While the preferred domain name is just 'Configuration Management', and
while both the Core and SCM workgroups appear to have accepted that name
given the clarifying conversations we have had and the text in the draft
charter, it is possible some other OSLC contributors would feel the name is
too broad or vague - or even too specific to hardware configuration
management.  If the Steering Committee feels the name would be a barrier to
understanding or adoption, we can use an alternative such as:

   Linked Data Configuration Management
   Information Resource Configuration Management
   Baseline and Configuration Management

I would not want the title to be just 'Baselines', because that seems too
limiting.  It does not really address change sets, nor would it cover
additional scenarios that we might want to address in the future, such as
the currently excluded ones of creating new version resources, or placing
new or existing resources under version control.

Nick.