[oslc-core] missing oslc query functionality

Joe Ross joeross at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 13 10:30:44 EDT 2012

Thanks, Arthur. So, it sounds like these were intentional simplifications,
and we could implement our own extensions or SPARQL if we want.

> 1. Correct. What semantics do you want for multi-value properties? Are
you
> looking for the existence of one value that does not equal the given
> value?
In this particular case we are looking for resources that don't have a
particular value for a multi-valued property. If we were simply looking
for the existence of a value that doesn't equal the give value, I think !=
would handle that.

> 2. Correct. However, you could approximate this effect by comparing the
> property to a value that you are sure does not exist. e.g. if
ex:estimate
> is always non-negative, then ex:estimate > -1 would return resource that

> had any value for ex:estimate.

That is actually how we are doing it now . Using != with a value we know
won't ever exist.

Joe

Joe Ross/Austin/IBM, joeross at us.ibm.com
Tivoli Autonomic Computing & Component Technologies
512-286-8311, T/L 363-8311