[oslc-core] Proposal for Issue-25: Encoding of UI preview label

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jul 4 12:11:07 EDT 2012

Hi Steve
My assumption was that XHTML in a RDF XMLLiteral would not be
html-encoded, but rather would be XML.  That's why XMLLiteral is in RDF -
to deal with the common case of XML literals.  DOORS9, for example, does
not escape xhtml in such literals.  So you will find "The rocket
<s>MUST</s> launch" in a DOORS9 UI preview document.  RRC does not have
markup in a title.

I don't know how all OSLC RM consumers deal with the XMLLiteral.    Adding
clarification to the spec (that XHTML markup SHOULD NOT be escaped) seems
appropriate and does not require the spec. to be changed.  Am I missing
something?

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational