[oslc-core] [Oslc-Automation] Guidance on oslc:domain usage Fw: Implementation issues when Automation type is not known

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 19 15:59:05 EDT 2012

OSLC Automation met today and while attendance was limited, we had
unanimous consensus of those present to proceed with oslc:usage.

As part of that discussion however, the WG decided to have me ask Core to
add oslc:usage on the oslc:Service resource definition [1], as 0:* (with
the same semantic as it currently is on each of a Service's local
resources, i.e. just copy it as is to a new place).  The WG's thinking
being that in most cases the value(s) will be identical across a Service's
creation factory/query capability/Dialogs, so why require a client to fish
around for it lower in the resource tree (and why require providers to
expose the same thing in 3x places).  While the usual rules of vocabulary
reuse allow Automation to tell providers to compose oslc:usage into
Service, having it called out in the Core specs makes it more likely to
happen in the consensus opinion.

This email formalizes that request, ideally for the July 25 agenda.

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification?sortcol=table;up=#Conceptual_Model