[oslc-core] OSLC Core Resource Shape Namespace defect

Marc A Baumbach mabaumba at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 20 14:20:48 EST 2012

Hi,

While implementing something that requires consumption of resource shapes,
I ran into a bug in the CCM implementation where some of the namespaces
were http://open-service.net/... and some were http://open-services.net/...
Notice how the first one is missing the 's' after service and doesn't match
the domain name where the specs are provided. I obviously assumed this was
just a typo in the CCM implementation and filed a bug here: OSLC shapes
have incorrect namespaces for some properties (192034).

As it turns out, I double checked the spec and found the same
inconsistencies in the spec here:
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA?sortcol=table;up=#oslc_ResourceShape_Resource .
 Technically, CCM had implemented it to spec. :)

Note that for oslc:representation and oslc:occurs, they uses
open-service.net, whereas oslc:range uses open-services.net. I assume this
was simply a typo, but wanted to send a note that we should correct the
inconsistency.

Marc Baumbach
IBM Software Group, Rational
Software Engineer - Rational Requirements Composer
Work: 919-254-7232 | T/L: 444-7232 | Cell: 315-406-2552