[oslc-core] Ambiguity in Resource Shape definition + consequent questions

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Jan 18 13:10:57 EST 2012

Andy,

John was just asking for clarification of the predicate oslc:describes .

Arthur Ryman

DE, PPM & Reporting Chief Architect
IBM Software, Rational
Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)

From:
Andrew J Berner/Dallas/IBM at IBMUS
To:
Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>
Cc:
John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS, oslc-core at open-services.net
Date:
01/18/2012 12:05 PM
Re: [oslc-core] Ambiguity in Resource Shape definition +        consequent
questions

oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 01/18/2012 10:42:33 AM:

Arthur said:
> John,
>
> I think both mine and yours could be simplified to just this:
> This shape describes resources that are of any of these types.
> Formally, a shape S applies to a resource R if there is a triple R
> rdf:type T and there is a triple S oslc:describes T.

But I think there's one more case covered by John's description:

A shape S applies to a resource R if there is a triple R
oslc:instanceShape S

This covers the case that R doesn't declare a type, but still says that S
is it's shape (independent of what shapes S describes)

Andy Berner