[oslc-core] Core Representation Examples

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 20 09:17:52 EST 2012

I wonder if the Examples documents were originally "all in one" and then
later split off.  Someone asked me a question about JSON representations
(they were looking for an example that shows ordering of query results
using a JSON array) and it turned out to be harder than I expected.  [1]
contains the rules for representations, by content type (fair enough).  I
followed my nose happily off to JSON examples, thence down to the query
resource [2].  It has the requested example ... but where to find the
"fictional blog" resource definitions, which when combined with the rules
from [1] lead to the example in [2]?  Long story short, over in [3]
(scratches head).  Hindsight being 20-20, I see that the Overview in [2]
(and [3]) attempts to point that out; they also cross-link to other
representation examples (n-1 of them - Atom omitted); Atom's Overview does
not link to any of its peers however.

Suggestions:

1: Factor out the resource defintions into their own page.
2: Synch the Overview content of each Examples page (simply make them
consistent).
3: In each Examples page, amend the following string (each time it occurs)
from:   Below is an example [RDF/XML, ...] representation of a [blog,...]
entry.
to:     Below is an example [RDF/XML, ...] representation of a [blog,...]
entry, showing the resource definitions in New-Page-Nameand serialized
according to the guidance in OSLC Core Specification: Appendix B.

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixRepresentations
[2]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecJSONExamples?sortcol=table;up=#Query_Resource