[oslc-core] Mismatch in server provider expectations with delegated UI selection

James Conallen jconallen at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 18 14:43:35 EST 2012

It isn't clear how the system should behave if we have a service provider
that is trying to create a link to a resource managed by another service
provider, and the client service provider in this case is only capable of
create a single link to a resource, whereas the server service provider's
delegated UI permits multiple selections.

It would be nice if the client could tell the server to only permit single
selections, or if there was a different delegated UI that somehow indicated
that it only provided single selections.

The other option is to put in the spec that clients are expected to deal
with multiple selections if the server provides them.

This is a minor issue I realize, however it would be nice to clear up the
expectations.

Thanks,

jim conallen
Rational Design Management (DM) Integration Architect, OSLC AM Lead
jconallen at us.ibm.com
Rational Software, IBM Software Group