[oslc-core] Proposed agenda items for Wed

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 8 15:34:56 EST 2012

I will be out that day, but Tuan Dang, chair of Reconciliation, and Steve
Speicher will be able to manage these easily.

(1) As part of Steve and Jim's review of the draft Reconciliation spec
[1], Steve suggested changing the vocabulary name.  The Reconciliation WG
members and several implementation teams have agreed to this, but the
implementation teams are requesting some assurance that this will be the
last rename since they will incur costs to change existing documentation
and potentially (research simply not finished yet) translated message
strings.  At least 3 product implementations are affected by this (with
more planned but early enough to be less/not affected), which underscores
the scope of impact.  [2] is the specification; if you look at the table
of contents under Resource Definitions, you'll get a feel for the kinds of
resources.  Steve's suggestion in [1] was to change the vocabulary name
from "Common Resource Type Vocabulary" to "Common IT Resource Type
Vocabulary", but if Core has another that it feels is clearer I suspect
that would be agreeable as well.  In anticipation of the "why not call it
Reconciliation?" question, the simple answer is that Tivoli expects these
resource types to be widely re-used across multiple domains, with
reconciliation being merely one of those.  The Performance Monitoring WG
is already re-using several terms, despite having no need for
reconciliation itself.

(2) As a result of the same review, we found that the vocabulary's
namespace URI is one for which we can find no explicit statement of
ownership in email archives or Core meeting minutes, so the Reconciliation
WG would like to request explicit minuted approval from Core to continue
using http://open-services.net/ns/crtv# for the Common IT Resource Type
Vocabulary.

[1]
http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-recon_open-services.net/2012-November/000010.html