[oslc-core] Need for a new specification phase/status: "deprecated"

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 09:46:40 EDT 2012

Steve,

How about just an "Inactive" state, indicating the the workgroup is no
longer actively developing the spec?

Arthur Ryman

DE, Chief Architect, Reporting &
Portfolio Strategy and Management
IBM Software, Rational

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)

From:
Steve K Speicher <sspeiche at us.ibm.com>
To:
oslc-core at open-services.net
Date:
04/20/2012 09:23 AM
Re: [oslc-core] Need for a new  specification   phase/status: "deprecated"
Sent by:
oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net

But "Suspended" implies it could possibly start again.  As you say,
deprecated implies something replaces it but we can make it clear what
each usage means by providing some supporting description.  I just
hesitate to create a number of these "parked" spec statuses when one  with

some explanation may suffice.

> From: Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>
> To: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS,
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net, oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net