[oslc-core] Specification finalization

michael.loeffler at gm.com michael.loeffler at gm.com
Wed Apr 4 09:07:31 EDT 2012

Hi,

Sorry for being late to the party on this, but I have one small editorial
issue with the spec that you might want to correct before finalization. I
agree with your usage of dcterms:abstract for a short description, being
distinctly different from the intent of oslc:shortTitle (from Core). The
only problem I see is that you have the dcterms:abstract in the table with

the OSLC Core: Common Properties, but it is not actually mentioned by the
Core v2 spec. It does seem like something that could be appropriate for
Core but there appears to be some other history on it that I'm not
completely aware of. Best idea is probably to move it to the OSLC Asset
properties table below, and if you agree, add the oslc:shortTitle in the
OSLC Core: Common Properties table (just to stay consistent with all the
other Core v2 based specs).

As I mentioned above, I've poked around a bit and it appears the
dcterms:abstract property was in play a while ago for this purpose, but
then disappeared. I'm not sure why it went away but I suspect you just
happened to grab the Core properties at that point and missed it going
away.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks.

---
Mike Loeffler - GPD Systems Engineering IT
GM IT Innovation Team