[oslc-core] Issue with Compact Rendering of a deleted (410) resource

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Mon Sep 26 09:07:21 EDT 2011

Hello Mike

I don't see that this is an issue with the OSLC specification.    The UI
Preview spec does not explicitly state what should be done on receipt of a
410, but I don't think that it should. Clients should deal with a 410 in a
manner that is appropriate to them.

It's hard to see from your example what is going on - it looks like your
server is responding with a 200, with an HTML page that reports "410
Gone". Do you have a concern about your server returning a 410 in this
case?  If so, that would be a topic for discussion on this list.

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational