[oslc-core] Core 2.0 JSON Representation Guidelines - ambiguity in serialization of literals

Samuel Padgett spadgett at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 21 10:02:16 EDT 2011

> But if we bake into the spec that blank values should not be included in
> the XML representation, then the current mechanism falls apart since you
> can't tell the difference between "I left it out so leave it alone" and
> "I"m setting it to null".

This is covered in the OSLC-CM specification. For partial update, you
specify oslc.properties for the properties you want to update. You can
clear a value by putting it in oslc.properties, but leaving the value out
of the request. [1]

- Sam

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2?sortcol=table;up=#Requesting_and_Updating_Properti