[oslc-core] Test Suites for OSLC Specifications

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 13 14:24:17 EDT 2011

Arthur,

Thanks for starting this discussion.  The Eclipse Lyo project (and its
predecessor oslc-tools on sourceforge.net) have a component intended to
assist testing both servers (providers) and clients (consumers).  The
current approach is similar to what you outline, as a way to test
positive/negative aspects of the specifications.  It is being structured
to test a specific domain specification.  Since the domain specs build off
of Core, they share a large number of tests and framework.  In addition,
we'd like to have a nice way to integrate any existing test suites (RDF,
HTTP, JSON, etc) instead of recreating these.

Even though the current test suite in Lyo using JUnit to drive the test
suite, it uses only HTTP to communicate with the server (and therefore
implementation-neutral).

It would be great to hear of others have thoughts and feedback the test
suite.

> From: Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>
> To: oslc-core at open-services.net,
> Date: 10/04/2011 05:29 PM
> Subject: [oslc-core] Test Suites for OSLC Specifications
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>
> I'd like to start a discussion on how we should handle test suites. Test

> suites are very valuable for improving the quality of specs and for
> guiding implementers. Organizations like the W3C require test suites.
For