[oslc-core] Question/remarks about error responses

Thunissen Marc marc.thunissen at oce.com
Wed Oct 12 04:19:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am a little bit disappointed about the definition of the Error and ExtendedError resources definition.

I would like to be able to return brief and understandable error messages, and in some case I also need to provide more information to help the diagnose on the OSLC client.

I can use the oslc:Error.oslc:message property for the understandable message but I can't find a place for the additional information.

The oslc:ExtendedError.oslc:moreInfo is defined as a resource to provide "by reference".

This means that another REST request must be issued to get the this information.

So I must keep the details of the error somewhere on the server !?

But, by definition, REST does not allow this.

So what should I do ?

Best regards,

Marc

Marc Thunissen ( OSL 31 )

Software Architect

Océ Software Laboratories Namur sa

Parc Créalys - Bâtiment Capella

rue Jean Sonet, 4 - 5032 GEMBLOUX

Tel: +32 81 876 744

Fax : +32 81 876 810

mailto:Marc.Thunissen at oce.com <mailto:Marc.Thunissen at oce.com>

http://www.osl.be <http://www.osl.be/>

http://www.oce.com <http://www.oce.com/>

Océ enables its customers to manage their documents efficiently and effectively by offering innovative print and document management products and services for professional environments

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.