[oslc-core] DRAFT of minor updates to RM 2.0 specification ready for review

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 4 22:35:13 EDT 2011

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/
> OslcCoreMeeting20110921 .
> Especially when we're treading in new territory (adding to an existing
spec
> w/o a full new-version spec cycle), we need everyone to be comfortable
with
> events and transparency + clarity are key.

I don't consider this necessarily a process issue.  WG are mostly
self-directed with some general guidelines [1].  Could this guidelines be
more complete? sure but we still need to make progress and we are being
transparent about it.  We discussed this at the RM meeting and thought it
would be good to set a date so it wouldn't continue forever as there are
implementers affected by this change.  In my past life in W3C, we agreed
to this 2 week review timeframe.  We should discuss if this makes sense as
a broader "guideline" but think it is still just that.  We need to give
folks enough time to review, depending on the proposed changes it may
warrant a different review cycle. Be interested to see how others see
this.

-- Steve

[1] -
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcWorkgroupPrinciplesandBestPractices