[oslc-core] DRAFT of minor updates to RM 2.0 specification ready for review

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 3 10:42:04 EDT 2011

I don't think 8 days is adequate amount of time for review.  I suggest at
least 2 weeks.

I don't also completely follow how you are proposing to make the changes.
a) Are you planning to update RmSpecificationV2 with link to
RmSpecificationV2r20110503Errata?
b) Are you planning to make RmSpecificationV2r20110930 be the new
RmSpecificationV2?  This seems like the option you are suggesting.
c) What is RmSpecificationV2r1?  I can't find a reference to it.

It would be helpful if the proposed changes in RmSpecificationV2r20110930
were reflected in the history so the diff could be reviewed.  Would it be
possible to redo the changes and force a new rev to be created when you
apply this changes?

Having said all that, RmSpecificationV2r20110930 seems like it a
reasonable add to
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmSpecificationV2?rev=45 but would
like to see clear diff of what is being proposed.

> From: Ian Green1 <ian.green at uk.ibm.com>
> To: oslc-rm at open-services.net,
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 09/22/2011 12:58 PM
> Subject: [oslc-core] DRAFT of minor updates to RM 2.0 specification
ready for review
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>
> Hello all
>
> The minor changes to the RM 2.0 specification that we've been discussing
are
> now in place, and ready for review.
> The issue list at [1] describes what has been done and why, and links to
the
> affected pages.
> I've created a new page RmSpecificationV2r20110930, which is the DRAFT
RM 2.
> 0 specification with the updates to account for the errata.
> I've created a new page RmSpecificationV2r20100503, which is the RM 2.0
> specification we declared final on 3rd May 2011, but which also includes
> link to an errata, at RmSpecificationV2r20110503Errata, with previous
and
> next versions updated.  This errata describes the vocabulary terms that
are
> being added.
> You will notice that RmSpecificationV2r1 also has links the latest
version
> of the specification.  The intention is that this will link to
RmSpecificationV2.