[oslc-core] Using OSLC Resource Shapes

Vasaiely, Parham parham.vasaiely at eads.com
Wed Oct 26 12:05:37 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We are trying to implement OSCL in an existing project by defining first
ResourceShapes to represent an existing MetaModel (Ecore).

We are facing now the following problem:

1)

By trying to specify a property for a Resource with multiple possible
types (oslc:range) the ResourceShape Spec. denies the specification of
multiple Shapes for the resource. However, since our property can have
the type FormalAssertion and InformalAssertion it should provide
different shapes. Is our statement correct?

<oslc:Property>

<oslc:name>weakAssumption</oslc:name>

<oslc:propertyDefinition
rdf:resource="http://www.sample.eu/rtp/2.0/CMM/OSLC/attributeDefinitions
/weakAssumption" />

                                <dcterms:title
rdf:parseType="Literal">weakAssumption</dcterms:title>

<dcterms:description
rdf:parseType="Literal">CMM.Requirements.SystemRequirement.weakAssumptio
n</dcterms:description>

                                <oslc:representation
rdf:resource="http://open-services.net/ns/core#Reference" />

                                <oslc:valueType
rdf:resource="http://open-services.net/ns/core#Resource" />

                                <oslc:valueShape
rdf:resource="http://www.sample.eu/rtp/2.0/CMM/OSLC/shapes/Assertion" />

                                <oslc:range
rdf:resource="http://www.sample.eu/rtp/2.0/CMM/OSLC/types/FormalAssertio
n" />

                                <oslc:range
rdf:resource="http://www.sample.eu/rtp/2.0/CMM/OSLC/types/InformalAssert
ion" />

                                <oslc:occurs
rdf:resource="http://open-service.net/ns/core#Zero-or-many" />

</oslc:Property>

</oslc:property>

2)

In the example shape provided by at
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmSpecificationV2Shapes one can
see that the property description has two value-types. However the shape
spec. is defining that a property must have exactly one value-type. But
the core also allows multiple types for a property as you can see in the
part "Defining OSLC Properties: Value-types: A property MAY allow
multiple value-types and a value MUST satisfy one of them..."

Is there something we have missed in the specification?

Can we specify a property shape like the one below?

<oslc:property>

                <oslc:Property>

                                <oslc:name>description</oslc:name>

                                <oslc:propertyDefinition
rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/terms/description" />

                                <dcterms:title
rdf:parseType="Literal">Description

                                </dcterms:title>

                                <dcterms:description
rdf:parseType="Literal">CMM.NamedElement.comment</dcterms:description>

                                <!-- Use XMLLiteral String
Representation -->

                                <oslc:valueType
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral" />

                                <!-- Zero-or-one defined by RMv2Spec -->

                                <oslc:occurs
rdf:resource="http://open-service.net/ns/core#Zero-or-many" />

                </oslc:Property>

</oslc:property>

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,

Parham Vasaiely

EADS Innovation Works
Engineering & Architecture, Software and Systems Engineering

Quadrant Campus, Celtic Springs, Cleppa Park, Coedkernew, Newport, NP10
8FZ
Phone: + 44 1633 71 4588

Mobile UK: + 44 7851 194277

Mobile GER: + 49 176 2121 4203