[oslc-core] was dcterms:type intentionally omitted from Core's common properties?

Andrew J Berner ajberner at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 14:59:37 EST 2011

Andy Berner
Lead Architect, ISV Technical Enablement and Strategy
IBM Rational Business Development
972 561-6599
ajberner at us.ibm.com

Ready for IBM Rational software partner program -
http://www.ibm.com/isv/rational/readyfor.html

oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net wrote on 11/15/2011 01:32:59 PM:

> John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS asked

> Not having been around for the bulk of the 2.0 spec stream
> development, I'm wondering if I should/not read anything (and if I
> should, what/how much) into which Dublin Core elements were
> explicitly listed as common properties [1] vs those that were
> omitted.  dcterms:type provides a nice example.  It is in Dublin
> Core [2], it is used in CM 2.0 [3], but it is not in OSLC-common.

John, there are two "types" in the Change Request resource:

One is the OSLC type (which is in the namespace rdf) which is part of the
core spec
The other is a CM specific property (though IMHO other specs such as RM
should also adopt) which is the "type of change request" such as "Defect"
or "Enhancement".  That's not a core property, but does use dcterms:type.