[oslc-core] was dcterms:type intentionally omitted from Core's common properties?

Samuel Padgett spadgett at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 16:15:17 EST 2011

Specifically regarding dcterms:type: It looks like the range is
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class. I think perhaps dcterms:type
predated rdf:type and now is redundant.

I see this explaination here:

http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-rdf/

"The property dcterms:type has semantics very similar to rdf:type. At the
time of writing, the precise relationship between those properties remains
undecided.
It is recommended that RDF applications implementing this specification
primarily use and understand rdf:type in place of dcterms:type when
expressing Dublin Core metadata in RDF, as most RDF processors come with
built-in knowledge of rdf:type."

The OSLC-CM spec uses dcterms:type as a label for the type, but I'm not
sure that's right.
--
Best Regards,
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett at us.ibm.com