[oslc-core] Oslc-Core Digest, Vol 14, Issue 30

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 28 07:39:11 EDT 2011

Forgive me, but I'm confused.

> The current version of the proposal does a better job at meeting goal #2
> than #1. It says this:

Which #1 and #2.  I see nothing labeled with those strings earlier in your
message, nor the word "goal" or any spelling variant.

> In the simplest case, a service provider can provide exactly one Query
> Capability (i.e., queryBase URI) which includes all of its contained
> resources. On the other hand, it may instead provide several Query
> Capabilities, each exposing only a subset of the indexable resources.
This
> is convenient if different types are most easily returned using custom
> member properties.

This set of alternatives appears to ignore a third case, i.e. multiple
Query Capabilities are exposed and their set of enumerated resources
overlap.  Or is that not relevant for some reason?

Tivoli Component Technologies