[oslc-core] Better name for OSLC indexing profile

Frank Budinsky frankb at ca.ibm.com
Thu Mar 24 11:33:44 EDT 2011

As discussed in the meeting yesterday, I've been using the term "Indexing
Profile" (see http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/IndexingProposals for
details) to describe the capabilities that MUST be provided by a service
provider to support indexing (e.g., an enumeration of resources, a Change
Log, etc). It was pointed out that, although indexing is the primary
motivating use case, the profile we're talking about is really more general
and should therefore have a more general name.

What this profile really provides is the capabilities required by a client
that wants to see content and track changes to content of a service
provider. Some suggested names for this profile are:

   Observer Profile
   Notification Profile
   Change Log Profile
   Content Tracking Profile
   Service Tracking Profile

The first 3 seem not to cover the "enumeration of resources" part of the
profile (and other things like security, which will also be part of the
profile), so my vote so far would be for #4 or #5.

Please let me know which of these name you prefer or if you have a better
suggestion.

Thanks,
Frank.