[oslc-core] creation factories and read-only properties

Paul McMahan pmcmahan at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 20 11:00:28 EDT 2011

I don't see any discussion in the core spec about how a service provider
should respond when an OSLC client includes a read-only property in a
creation request.  For example, in the QM spec the dcterms:modified
property is designated as read-only for all of the QM resources.   If a
client includes this property in a creation request then I could see a case
for the service provider simply ignoring it.   But on the other hand I
could also see a case for the service provider rejecting the request since
the client might otherwise be unaware that a property in its creation
request had been ignored.   There is also a similar situation where the
client includes an unknown property in the creation request.   I would
appreciate any guidance or feedback that the OSLC core workgroup could
provide in this area.

Best wishes,
Paul McMahan