[oslc-core] MINUTES: Core WG meeting Jan 26, 2011

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:13:50 EST 2011

I added the minutes/notes below to the meeting agenda here:
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreMeetings20110126

Dave reviewed the attached slides and introduced SORI, then explained
how to get the code, build and run SORI:
   * http://open-services.net/pub/Main/OslcCoreMeetings20110126/sori-preso-20110126.pdf

Jim Conallen then gave an extensive demo of SORI showing how to create
resources, search with SPARQL, see UI previews and delegated UI
pickers. Jim is working on a demo video and will make that available
to the work-group soon.

Then we discussed ideas for improving and adding new features to SORI.
Here are some of them:

   * Binary releases, with bundled Jetty so its unzip and run to get going
   * Support for all OSLC domains
   * Complete support of OSLC Query Syntax, only have partial support now
   * Make SORI a consumer as well as an OSLC provider
   * User management
   * Better UI via CSS, Javascript, etc.
   * Hosting SORI on a public site, data wiped clean nightly

Mentioned but did not have time to discuss issue of distributed
decision making, see also:
   * http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2011-January/000792.html