[oslc-core] Decision process in OSLC... Re: Renaming property oslc:discussion to oslc:partOfDiscussion for oslc:Comment

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:48:16 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Olivier Berger
>> Am I right in understanding that this is a change in already validated
>> specs ?
>
> Yes.

I should clarify my "yes" response:
- The change was in the OSLC Core, which is in finalization and open
to small changes/fixes
- The change impacts the OSLC CM spec, which is final

Regarding the decision making process, I'd like to follow-up on this.
I'm sympathetic to your concerns about the process being open to all,
and not just those who attend WG meetings.

I think this is something we should document as part of the OSLC
process. I believe this is the best description of the process that we
have so far:

   http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcWorkgroupPrinciplesandBestPractices

Perhaps we should add some text to that and require that decisions
made during WG meetings be documented, highlighted on the WG mailing
list and not finalized until the next WG meeting... giving the wider
community a chance to discuss and possibly reverse the decision before
it is acted upon.

- Dave

--
David M. Johnson