[oslc-core] Repost: Relative URIs in rdf:about of OSCL resources

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Jan 19 05:21:07 EST 2011

Hi.

Le mardi 18 janvier 2011 à 11:17 -0500, Arthur Ryman a écrit :
> Olivier,
>
> You are correct. RDF/XML does allow relative URIs in certain places,
> including rdf:about. The URI is resolved into an absolute URI using the
> XML Base rules. [1] You can include an xml:base attribute. If that's
> missing, the base is the document URI.
>
> Your link points to the application/xml section of the spec which gives
> guidelines for producing an XML representation that would be valid
> RDF/XML, but that would not use all the features of RDF/XML and therefore
> be suitable for processing as XML. The intention was to eliminate
> flexibility so it would be easier to parse.
>
> When you produce application/rdf+xml, use RDF/XML, there are no
> constraints, i.e. just follow the W3C spec.
>
> Are you asking to clarify the use of relative URIs in the application/xml
> case?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#section-Syntax-ID-xml-base

Thanks for your feedback.

My initial wondering was triggered by trying to pass the (open source,
oslc-tools) test suite, and noticing all the failing tests because our
implementation of the provider would use relative URLs in service
catalogs and likes.

Then I wondered, are we wrong, or has the test suite to be fixed :-/

I think I have to read the specs again and maybe figure out a proposed
wording to make it better... and will discuss with Steve if the test
suite has to be fixed on the relevant list.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF