[oslc-core] OAuth and delegated UIs

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 10 14:02:29 EST 2011

I guess I don't fully understand, as OAuth is about "enabling delegated
access to protected resources" [1].
If an application has an access token then it would seem that it should
use it with its request.  Given the browser context and the delegated UI
resource, the request for this resource is done by creating an iframe and
setting the src attribute to the delegated UI URL.

I'm not a strong advocate for this, I'm just arguing a position to make
sure we are not putting constraints on some resource "types" and how
certain class of clients access them.  Also there appears to be some spec
[2] to support this in OAuth already.  An implementer came to me with this
as an approach as well.

[1] - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849
[2] - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849#section-3.5.3

Jim des Rivieres <Jim_des_Rivieres at ca.ibm.com> wrote on 01/06/2011