[oslc-core] Remarks on OSLCCoreSpecRDFXMLExamples and other formats related pages

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:04:06 EST 2011

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the corrections and suggestions below, I have made all of
the corrections and responded to some of the suggestions. More
comments below...

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Here are a few remarks on
> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecRDFXMLExamples and associate pages.
>
> First, could it be possible to add, in the beginning of the pages, links
> to equivalent pages in other RDF encoding formats like :
> OSLCCoreSpecTurtleExamples or OSLCCoreSpecJSONExamples (provided the contents are indeed equivalent... and if not, maybe that should be fixed ;) ?

Yes, that is a good idea. I added links at the start of each example
page to point to the other examples pages.

Each set of examples is supposed to be equivalent and they are, except
in a couple of cases. There are a couple of examples in RDF/XML that
are not shown in JSON or Turtle. Also, we provide a Resource Shape
example for Turtle but not for JSON.

> Also, inside these pages, it may be interesting to interlink the
> different examples so that one can navigate from turtle to rdf+xml for
> the same snippet, for instance.
> Although RDF+XML may be more interesting for implementers to have a
> validating example to conform to (like testing parser code), I find
> turtle examples far much easier to understand when one reads the specs
> and tries to find an illustrating example.

I did not create these interlinks. I think this is a good idea, but it
requires more formatting and editing work than I want to do right now.

I think we need a standard header for each example, with an anchor (so
we can link to it elsewhere) and several links, e.g. on each RDF/XML
example we would have these links:

  - Validate
  - View Turtle version
  - View JSON version

> Then a few corrections :
> In the "Specify a query resource shape" section, wouldn't it be
>  http://open-services.net/ns/bogus/blogs#Comment
> instead of:
>  http://open-services.net/ns/blog#comment
> also :
>  http://open-services.net/ns/bogus/blogs#Entry
> instead of :
>  http://open-services.net/ns/bogus/blogs#entry

Fixed.

> Then, in
> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecJSONExamples :
>  oslc_blog:Entry
> instead of :
>  oslc_blog:entry
> and :
>  oslc_blog:Comment
> instead of :
>  oslc_blog:comment

Fixed.

> Also, in
> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecTurtleExamples ,
> in the "Shape Resource" example, wouldn't it be :
>  oslc:property
>              [ rdf:type oslc:Property ;
>                oslc:propertyDefinition <http://open-services.net/ns/bogus/blogs#Entry> ;
>                oslc:name "entry" ;
>                oslc:occurs "exactly-one" ;
>                oslc:valueType rdf:XMLLiteral
>              ] ;
> instead ?

Fixed.

> Hope this helps.

Yes it does! Thanks for your careful review.

- Dave